Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The next ISRG.

Everyone wants to find the next Cisco, the next Microsoft, the next ISRG. ISRG has carved out a niche in the prostate surgery market - with the key buzzwords being POTENCY and CONTINENCE - enough to scare any self-respecting man to cower at the thought of near-castration [yeah, that includes me]. Forget the robotic arms, the $1.3M price tag, the cost of disposables, blah, blah. I am convinced that without these magic words in the marketing material, ISRG will be languishing today, with surgeons and surgees [what do you call a person who is going under the knife - I want a better word than patient], not clamoring for time under the robotic knives.

Yeah, there will be hysterectomies, and mitral valve repairs - but it was the old Freudian scare that vaulted ISRG into the S&P 500. OK - so I am looking for the next ISRG. I think I have found it, but irrigated catheters pale in comparison to increased potency and decreased incontinence.

So the search continues........

Bapcha

No comments: